The Trick or Treating thread

Hey!

Thanks for visiting www.WeLovetheEighties.com the #1 80s online community! If you’re a fan of the 80s decade then you’re at the right place. Register now to reminisce the 80s with us. Signing up takes less than a minute.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
Happy Halloween! I figured to dedicate a thread to Halloween during the 80s.

IMG_0595.jpegIMG_0593.jpeg

I'm not a fan of the cars parked at a parking lot and trick or treating. It's not the same like going house to house.

Yes!! It's not the same at all. That's just easier for parents that don't want to walk around the neighborhood with their children. You rarely saw that during the 1980s.

Yes!! It's not the same at all. That's just easier for parents that don't want to walk around the neighborhood with their children. You rarely saw that during the 1980s.
Well said! Hey children dress up in your costumes so we can take a drive to Whole Foods parking lot and trick n treat in the back of cars. Absolute millenial parents.

I had no idea that the parking lot was even a thing. How long has that been going on? I think 80sDiva is right. Parents are too lazy to walk around so they settle for that. That sounds so boring.

It's a 90s thing and it's actually referred to as trunk or treating. Lazy parents that used the excuse that it's a safer alternative than going door to door. I say lazy because that's exactly what the reason is. I don't buy the other excuse.

It's a 90s thing and it's actually referred to as trunk or treating. Lazy parents that used the excuse that it's a safer alternative than going door to door. I say lazy because that's exactly what the reason is. I don't buy the other excuse.

Yes it is. If you as a parent were concerned about your child's safety walk along with them like my parents and I did. If you're worried about candy open it up and check it just like my parents did and I did.

Yes it is. If you as a parent were concerned about your child's safety walk along with them like my parents and I did. If you're worried about candy open it up and check it just like my parents did and I did.

Right? They want to do things the easy way.

Back