The Dark Crystal (1982)

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

5.00 star(s)
5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Dark Crystal

Genre: Adventure,Family,Fantasy

Director: Frank Oz,Jim Henson

Cast: Jim Henson,Kathryn Mullen,Frank Oz,Dave Goelz,Steve Whitmire,Louise Gold,Brian Meehl,Stephen Garlick,Lisa Maxwell,Billie Whitelaw,Percy Edwards,Barry Dennen,Deep Roy,Kiran Shah,Jack Purvis,Bob Payne,Michael Kilgarriff,John Baddeley,David Buck,Charles Collingwood,Sean Barrett,Miki Iveria,Patrick Monckton,Susan Westerby,Joseph O'Conor,Thick Wilson,Jerry Nelson

Release: 1982-12-17

Runtime: 93

Plot: On another planet in the distant past, a Gelfling embarks on a quest to find the missing shard of a magical crystal and restore order to his world, before the grotesque race of Skeksis find and use the crystal for evil.

Where to watch

Trailer Videos

• Skeksis Dinner - The Dark Crystal - The Jim Henson Company

• Clip
    • The Dark Crystal - "Prophecy" Clip

• Clip
    • The Dark Crystal - "Meeting The Landstriders" Clip

• Clip
    • The Dark Crystal - "Aughra's Observatory" Clip

• Clip
    • Fathom Events Spot

• Teaser
    • THE DARK CRYSTAL - Secrets of The Dark Crystal with Lisa Henson

• Featurette
    • Trailer

• Trailer
    • 40 Anniversary Spot

• Teaser
    • Official Trailer

• Trailer
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
The Dark Crystal was a classic 80s movie. I remember watching this movie when I was a kid and I was blown away. Netflix had a tv show about the time before that led to the events of the movie. It only ran for one season and that was that. I was so upset that they didn’t make a season 2.

I remember this movie but don't remember ever watching it...even though I should of course...
If you’re into fantasy epic type of movies then this one is a must. Actually if you plan on watching it watch the Netflix series first which takes place before the movie. Surprisingly Netflix did a good job for once.

Back