Private Dancer (1984)

Hey!

Thanks for visiting www.WeLovetheEighties.com the #1 80s online community! If you’re a fan of the 80s decade then you’re at the right place. Register now to reminisce the 80s with us. Signing up takes less than a minute.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Private Dancer
Artist: Tina Turner
Genre: Rock
Released: 1984

Tracks:
1 - I Might Have Been Queen - 4:10
2 - What's Love Got to Do With It - 3:48
3 - Show Some Respect - 3:18
4 - I Can't Stand the Rain - 3:43
5 - Private Dancer - 7:13
6 - Let's Stay Together - 5:16
7 - Better Be Good to Me - 5:12
8 - Steel Claw - 3:49
9 - Help! - 4:30
10 - 1984 - 3:10

Overview:
Private Dancer is the fifth solo album by Tina Turner, released on Capitol Records in 1984. The album was Turner's breakthrough after several challenging years of going solo after divorcing husband and performing partner Ike Turner. It is her best-selling album both in the U.S. and internationally and was responsible for making her globally famous. It was produced in England with four different production teams including Rupert Hine, and Martyn Ware and Ian Craig Marsh of Heaven 17. The album produced seven singles, including "What's Love Got to Do with It", "Better Be Good To Me, "Private Dancer", and "Let's Stay Together". Positively received by critics on release for Turner's ability to give energy and raw emotion to slickly produced professional pop/rock songs; its long term legacy is that the softening of her raw Southern soul style produced a "landmark" in the "evolution of pop-soul music". The album was promoted throughout 1985 in a 177 date worldwide tour called the Private Dancer Tour.

Tina Turner‘s Private Dancer was her first 80’s album. This album had one of her most popular song What’s Love Got To Do With It.

Back