Picture Book (1985)

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Picture Book
Artist: Simply Red
Genre: Soul
Released: 1985

Tracks:
1 - Come to My Aid - 4:03
2 - Sad Old Red - 4:33
3 - Look at You Now - 3:02
4 - Heaven - 4:32
5 - Jericho - 6:06
6 - Money's Too Tight (to Mention) - 4:13
7 - Holding Back the Years - 4:30
8 - Red Box - 3:56
9 - No Direction - 3:41
10 - Picture Book - 5:49

Overview:
Picture Book is the debut album by British pop group Simply Red, released in October 1985. It contains the #1 single "Holding Back the Years", the band's most successful single, and a cover of The Valentine Brothers' "Money's Too Tight (To Mention)". Three other singles were released from the album: "Come to My Aid", "Jericho", and "Open Up the Red Box". The album includes 'lively' and 'energetic' groove beats and ballad orientated keyboard undertones that help songs such as 'holding back the years'to be so so effective. Members Tim Kellett and Fritz Mcintyre are acclaimed by Hucknall to be the most influential in the album based on the distinctive sound of their playing.

The album is included in Robert Dimery's 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die.

The album has been commercially successful, appearing in the top 30 album charts of 12 different countries, and achieving platinum certification sales in four different countries, including America and the UK.

I don’t know if I know any songs from Simply Red but their name sounds familiar. I’ll check them out on YouTube a little later.

Back