Paid in Full (1987)

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Paid in Full
Artist: Eric B. & Rakim
Genre: Rap
Released: 1987

Tracks:
1 - I Ain't No Joke - 3:56
2 - Eric B. Is on the Cut - 3:52
3 - My Melody - 6:49
4 - I Know You Got Soul - 4:48
5 - Move the Crowd - 3:47
6 - Paid in Full - 3:51
7 - As the Rhyme Goes On - 4:01
8 - Chinese Arithmetic - 4:10
9 - Eric B. Is President - 6:20
10 - Extended Beat - 3:51

Overview:
Paid in Full is the debut album of American hip hop duo Eric B. & Rakim, released on July 7, 1987, by Island-subsidiary label 4th & B'way Records. The duo recorded the album at hip hop producer Marley Marl's home studio and Power Play Studios in New York City, following Rakim's response to Eric B.'s search for a rapper to complement his disc jockey work in 1985. The album peaked at number fifty-eight on the Billboard 200 chart and produced five singles, "Eric B. Is President", "I Ain't No Joke", "I Know You Got Soul", "Move the Crowd", and "Paid in Full".

Paid in Full is credited as a benchmark album of golden age hip hop. Rakim's rapping, which pioneered the use of internal rhymes in hip hop, set a higher standard of lyricism in the genre and served as a template for future rappers. The album's heavy sampling by Eric B. became influential in hip hop production. The record has sold over a million copies and the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) certified it platinum in 1995. In 2003, the album was ranked number 228 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.

Eric B. & Rakim made their debut in 1987 with the album Paid in Full. The song Paid in Full is one of my favorite rap songs till this day.

Eric B. & Rakim made their debut in 1987 with the album Paid in Full. The song Paid in Full is one of my favorite rap songs till this day.
One of the best songs ever haha🍻

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back