Pac-Man

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Pac-Man
The player controls Pac-Man through a maze, eating Pac-dots (also called pellets). When all Pac-dots are eaten, Pac-Man is taken to the next stage. Between some stages one of three intermission animations plays. Four enemies (Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde) roam the maze, trying to catch Pac-Man. If an enemy touches Pac-Man, a life is lost and the Pac-Man itself withers and dies. When all lives have been lost, the game ends. Pac-Man is awarded a single bonus life at 10,000 points by default. Near the corners of the maze are four larger, flashing dots known as power pellets that provide Pac-Man with the temporary ability to eat the enemies. The enemies turn deep blue, reverse direction and usually move more slowly. When an enemy is eaten, its eyes remain and return to the center box where it is regenerated in its normal color. Blue enemies flash white to signal that they are about to become dangerous again and the length of time for which the enemies remain vulnerable varies from one stage to the next, generally becoming shorter as the game progresses. In later stages, the enemies go straight to flashing, bypassing blue, which means that they can only be eaten for a short amount of time, although they still reverse direction when a power pellet is eaten; in even later stages, the ghosts do not become edible (i.e., they do not change color and still make Pacman lose a life on contact), but they still reverse direction.
Players: 2
Co-op: No
Genre: Action, Puzzle
Released:
Publisher: Namco

Trailer
Game information provided by TheGamesDB

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
I think it’s safe to say that a good majority of us have played this iconic 80s game Pac Man. Such a simple concept and so much fun to play.

I loved playing pac man. The pizzeria in my neighborhood had the arcade. There was always a line of us kids waiting to play hehehe.

Pac Man was originally called Puck Man. The reason why the Japanese maker decided to change the name was because puck is very similar to “fuck”. When the game was designed it was intended to attract women and men. Surprisingly Pac Man on Atari 2600 was voted as one of the worst video games in history.

My Dad loves this game he could play for hours it seemed at the arcades on one quarter while we wasted dollars every hour...he loved it so much he bought a sit down cabinet Pac-Man machine and we still got it haha 💛

My Dad loves this game he could play for hours it seemed at the arcades on one quarter while we wasted dollars every hour...he loved it so much he bought a sit down cabinet Pac-Man machine and we still got it haha 💛

Pac Man was the game to play back then. It’s fun, challenging and not too much going on with it. Great game and it always will be. That’s awesome about your dad owning the machine.

Pac Man was the game to play back then. It’s fun, challenging and not too much going on with it. Great game and it always will be. That’s awesome about your dad owning the machine.
Yeah my Dad got me into video games young haha because he obviously loved them too...

Yeah my Dad got me into video games young haha because he obviously loved them too...

That helps. Both my sons are into video games but mainly PC. They’re both in their 20s and it doesn’t seem like they’re going to call it quits any time soon. They laugh at Pac Man lol.

That helps. Both my sons are into video games but mainly PC. They’re both in their 20s and it doesn’t seem like they’re going to call it quits any time soon. They laugh at Pac Man lol.

Man how can anyone laugh at Pac Man hahaha times they are a changin...

Back