Out of the Silent Planet (1988)

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Out of the Silent Planet
Artist: King's X
Genre: Alternative Rock
Released: 1988

Tracks:
1 - In the New Age - 5:24
2 - Goldilox - 4:42
3 - Power of Love - 4:38
4 - Wonder - 4:12
5 - Sometimes - 3:42
6 - King - 3:03
7 - What Is This - 3:49
8 - Far, Far Away - 4:17
9 - Shot of Love - 3:16
10 - Visions - 5:30

Overview:
Out of the Silent Planet is the debut studio by the American progressive metal band King's X, released in 1988. The title of the album comes from that of a book by C.S. Lewis, an author favored by band members Ty Tabor and Jerry Gaskill. "Out of the Silent Planet" is also the title of the first track from the follow up album Gretchen Goes to Nebraska. The cover art features the skyline of Houston with the southern outline of the state of Texas. The album received widespread acclaim from music contemporaries. Pantera Bassist Rex Brown commented of his and Dimebag Darrell's impressions, noting "Dime called me and said, ‘Dude, have you heard this? Have you checked out King’s X?'” he says. “We went on a long road trip, and we must have listened to that first record I don’t know how many times. And we couldn’t stop. … This was the sound that Dime and I were always looking for.”

Any fans of King's X debut album? I never got into them but not because I don't like them. i never heard any of their music.

Back