Hogan's Alley

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Hogan's Alley
Despite being rather short on story and depth, this game was nevertheless fairly popular. The game flashes three "cardboard cut-outs" of a mixture of bad guys and innocent civilians. The player needs to react quickly and shoot the thugs while sparing the bystanders and other friendlies (such as police officers). The game gets more difficult and faster as it progresses
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Shooter
Released:
Publisher: Nintendo
Game information provided by TheGamesDB

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
Hogan’s Alley was an 80s video game that was released in 1985 by Nintendo for its NES. I personally had fun with this one. There was lots of shooting, missing and cursing back when I used to play it. Do you remember it?

I had a blast with hogans alley. I had the Nintendo gun but what sucked was that after awhile I’d squeeze the trigger and nothing would happen. I gave up and played with the joystick.

I had a blast with hogans alley. I had the Nintendo gun but what sucked was that after awhile I’d squeeze the trigger and nothing would happen. I gave up and played with the joystick.

Dude the gun was the worst. I used to use it for the game Duck Hunt and I have the same problem. The controller was the way to go.

Horgan’s Alley was one of the best target practice Nintendo games.

HA was the fifteenth game that Nintendo released for the Famicom. It was the third game compatible with the NES Light Gun known as the Zapper, and was a simulation of the firing practice ranges used by law enforcement agencies. In addition to two versions of a game where you must quickly decide who is a villain and must be shot, and who is an innocent person that must be spared, there is another skill game where you fire a gun at a tin can in an attempt to make it land on various ledges for points. It was released worldwide. It was also released in arcades as Vs. Hogan's Alley, as part of Nintendo's Vs. arcade system, and contained two light guns so that two players could compete.

Game A places you in a standard shooting range. Every round, you're given a set amount of time to respond, as indicated by the number of seconds at the top of the screen. Three panels will scroll on to the screen. All three will turn to face you at the same time, and you must shoot the gangsters with the Zapper without harming any civilians. Among the three, one or two of the panels will be gangsters, never more or less. Shooting the wrong target or failing to shoot a gangster will result in a Miss. Get 10 Misses and you'll get a Game Over! Note that you can get multiple Misses per round. For example, if you shoot a civilian, you get 1 Miss for shooting the wrong target and another Miss for the gangster you've failed
to shoot.

The objective of this game is to score as many points as you can. You will be scored depending on which gangster you shoot.

How far did you make it in Hogan’s Alley Manny? Does the game have an end or does it just continue once you hit a certain level. I don’t remember how I far got in the game. It was so long ago since I played it.

Back