Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

I really like this article but you did not talk about the crack epidemi. It swept through like a forest fire and destroyed many lives and families.

This article brings back a lot of memories, very well researcehed.

The biggest takeaway I get from it, is that every era has its big struggles, with only the details changing and things never really improving much for the general population. I believe things tend to get better overall though as technology evolves.

In keeping with the article, here's a suitably dystopian song from 1980:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And of course, the extended version:

I really like this article but you did not talk about the crack epidemi. It swept through like a forest fire and destroyed many lives and families.
Yes crack was a serious issue in the 80s.
This article brings back a lot of memories, very well researcehed.

The biggest takeaway I get from it, is that every era has its big struggles, with only the details changing and things never really improving much for the general population. I believe things tend to get better overall though as technology evolves.

In keeping with the article, here's a suitably dystopian song from 1980:

And of course, the extended version:

Every decade, every era does have its problems. You’re correct about how technology evolves as long as it’s used in a positive way.

Yes crack was a serious issue in the 80s.

Every decade, every era does have its problems. You’re correct about how technology evolves as long as it’s used in a positive way.
Oh yes, the misuse of technology is a terrible thing, for example restriction of the internet in totalitarian regimes like Noth Korea, Russia, China and Iran. One can get sent to prison in those countries for one wrong click.

Oh yes, the misuse of technology is a terrible thing, for example restriction of the internet in totalitarian regimes like Noth Korea, Russia, China and Iran. One can get sent to prison in those countries for one wrong click.
That’s definitely one way.

There was a lot of messed up things happening during the ‘80s decade. It wasn’t all fun and games. Real good article.

Back