Contra

Hey!

Thanks for visiting www.WeLovetheEighties.com the #1 80s online community! If you’re a fan of the 80s decade then you’re at the right place. Register now to reminisce the 80s with us. Signing up takes less than a minute.

Contra
The universe teeters on the brink of total annihilation at the hands of the vile alien warmonger, Red Falcon. Earth's only hope rests with you, a courageous member of the Special Forces elite commando squad. Your mission: Battle deep into the deadly Amazon jungle, where the Red Falcon and his galactic henchmen have transformed ancient Mayan temples into awesome monuments dedicated to mass destruction. A multitude of weapons, from rapid-fire machine guns to high-tech lasers are at your disposal as you sweat blood, fighting past 3-D mazes, underground security systems, and tropical forests surrounded by giant waterfalls and alien cannons. This is the ultimate test for the ultimate guerilla warrior. And if you survive, Earth survives!
Players: 2
Co-op: Yes
Genre: Action, Shooter
Released:
Publisher: Konami

Trailer
Game information provided by TheGamesDB

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
I had lots of fun playing Contra for Nintendo NES during the late 80s. Lots of cursing and screaming lol. This game brought me to the realization that I was a sore loser.

One of the best cooperation games and can't believe no one posted about the original Nintendo cheat code hahaha I think for sure it was the first cheat code I ever used/learnt...

One of the best cooperation games and can't believe no one posted about the original Nintendo cheat code hahaha I think for sure it was the first cheat code I ever used/learnt...
Funny that you should say that. Contra is one game that I never cheated on and also explains why I never beat it lol.

Funny that you should say that. Contra is one game that I never cheated on and also explains why I never beat it lol.
Haha I remember the code but kinda foggy on how it helped us cheat hahaha...think it was unlimited lives or something...I remember it's called the Konami cheat code because it also worked on other Konami games...I read about it in the magazines like Nintendo Power etc it's:

Up up down down left right left right A B A B start select

Do that first thing after power on the game and you'd hear a chiming sound that indicates the code worked🍻

Back