Colecovision

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

fords8

80s Rookie
May 2, 2023
31-1.jpg
The ColecoVision is Coleco Industries' second generation home video game console which was released in August 1982. The ColecoVision offered arcade-quality graphics and gaming style, and the means to expand the system's basic hardware. Released with a catalog of 12 launch titles, with an additional ten games announced for 1982, approximately 145 titles in total were published as ROM cartridges for the system between 1982 and 1984.​

Lets take about the Colecovision right here. I owned one and played it a lot.

Add-Ons:

Atari 2600 expansion​

Driving controller​

Adam computer expansion​

Roller Controller​

Super Action Controller​

Unreleased - Expansion Module #3 was originally the Super Game Module. It was advertised for an August 1983 release but was ultimately cancelled and replaced with the Adam computer expansion.​

9097084475_0d0553bb4e_k-5a2b4e4ada271500368f63a3-ec9445f03a7a4c1f8f8f563676b84979.jpg

I used to have a Colecovision Flashback console, but I'd love to own a real console someday. Fun fact, the Colecovision sports the same processor that the Sega Master System does, a zilog Z80 chip! Plus the sound chip in this console is the Texas Instruments SN76489, this chip was cloned and used in Sega's consoles as well.

I used to have a Colecovision Flashback console, but I'd love to own a real console someday. Fun fact, the Colecovision sports the same processor that the Sega Master System does, a zilog Z80 chip! Plus the sound chip in this console is the Texas Instruments SN76489, this chip was cloned and used in Sega's consoles as well.
The flaskback had about 60 or so games?

Back