American Fool (1982)

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Vote
Title: American Fool
Artist: John Mellencamp
Genre: Rock
Released: 1982

Tracks:
1 - Hurts So Good - 3:42
2 - Jack & Diane - 4:16
3 - Hand to Hold on To - 3:25
4 - Danger List - 4:28
5 - Can You Take It - 3:35
6 - Thundering Hearts - 3:40
7 - China Girl - 3:34
8 - Close Enough - 3:38
9 - Weakest Moments - 4:07

Overview:
American Fool is the sixth album by John Mellencamp, released under the stage name John Cougar in 1982. This was Mellencamp's last album to be released under the name John Cougar. His next album, Uh-Huh, would be released under the name John Cougar Mellencamp. The album was Mellencamp's commercial breakthrough, reaching number one on the Billboard 200 chart in 1982. According to a 1983 article in the Toledo Blade, the song "Danger List" originated when Mellencamp heard his guitarist Larry Crane playing some chords in a basement rehearsal room. "I turned on the tape recorder and sang 30 verses," Mellencamp explained. "I just made them up. Then I went and weeded out the ones I didn't like."

John Mellencamp’s American Fool was his fourth album and second one of the 80s. Two popular songs off of this one is Hurts So Good and Jack & Diane.

Back