After Burner

Hey!

Thanks for visiting www.WeLovetheEighties.com the #1 80s online community! If you’re a fan of the 80s decade then you’re at the right place. Register now to reminisce the 80s with us. Signing up takes less than a minute.

After Burner
The F-14 Thundercat. It's the fastest, meanest set of wings ever to slice through the air. And you're flying it!

The action in this supercharged game is so intense, the graphics so real, you'll sweat bullets as bogeys fill the skies. Get vertigo from going vertical. The rush you feel is from pulling heavy G's as you try to evade lightning fast missiles and tracers. Feel your adrenaline pumping as your radar locks onto multiple targets and your Sidewinders blow them out of the sky.

When you feel the need for speed, go supersonic with After Burner!
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Action
Released:
Publisher: Tengen
Game information provided by TheGamesDB

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
Afterburner was another game that I enjoyed playing on my Nintendo NES. It’s amazing how the graphics were so primitive compared to todays standard but yet for me they’re a lot more fun to play. Must be a generation thing.

I played this game many times in my life and I’ve beaten it about 3/4‘s of the time. After Burner is an intense game that requires quick reflexes and attention.

The game allows the player to control an F-14 Tomcat jet airplane. At the start of the game, the player takes off from an aircraft carrier called the SEGA Enterprise on a mission to destroy enemy jets over 18 stages.

In the arcade version, the jet employs a machine gun and a limited number of heat-seeking missiles (in the Master System version the player has unlimited missiles). These weapons are replenished by another aircraft, after beating a few stages. The aircraft, cannon and missile buttons are all controlled from an integrated flight stick.

I played this game many times in my life and I’ve beaten it about 3/4‘s of the time. After Burner is an intense game that requires quick reflexes and attention.

The game allows the player to control an F-14 Tomcat jet airplane. At the start of the game, the player takes off from an aircraft carrier called the SEGA Enterprise on a mission to destroy enemy jets over 18 stages.

In the arcade version, the jet employs a machine gun and a limited number of heat-seeking missiles (in the Master System version the player has unlimited missiles). These weapons are replenished by another aircraft, after beating a few stages. The aircraft, cannon and missile buttons are all controlled from an integrated flight stick.
You must be real good because defeating all 18 stages of afterburner is pretty difficult. I completed all the stages twice and I played afterburner a lot in my teens.

Yes I was and still am. My friends and I used to compete against others back in high school which was a very very long time ago. Asteroids, After Burner, 1942 and later Street Fighter. I was a nerd growing up and I played were video games.

Yes I was and still am. My friends and I used to compete against others back in high school which was a very very long time ago. Asteroids, After Burner, 1942 and later Street Fighter. I was a nerd growing up and I played were video games.
I was pretty good at Street Fighter. I spent a lot of quarters and time playing against others and I won a lot of the matches. Anyways we could talk about that video game in this thread.

Back