A Salt With a Deadly Pepa (1988)

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: A Salt With a Deadly Pepa
Artist: Salt-N-Pepa
Genre: Hip-Hop
Released: 1988

Tracks:
1 - Intro Jam - 0:39
2 - A Salt With a Deadly Pepa - 3:32
3 - I Like It Like That - 4:06
4 - Solo Power (Let's Get Paid) - 3:28
5 - Shake Your Thang (It's Your Thang) (feat. E.U.) - 4:04
6 - I Gotcha - 4:11
7 - Let the Rhythm Run (remix) - 3:30
8 - Everybody Get Up - 3:40
9 - Spinderellas Not a Fella (But a Girl DJ) - 4:04
10 - Solo Power (Syncopated Soul) - 3:46
11 - Twist and Shout - 4:55
12 - Hyped on the Mic - 3:36
13 - Push It (US remix) - 3:30

Overview:
Attempting to follow up the crossover success of "Push It," Salt-n-Pepa hastily recorded A Salt With a Deadly Pepa, which essentially tries to replicate the charms of their debut without expanding on them very much. It doesn't end up quite as engaging, and the duo's limitations start to show themselves on the more underdeveloped material here. There are some good moments, but the album's centerpieces are once again borrowed ideas. "Shake Your Thang" is another hip-hop remake in the vein of "Tramp," this time of the Isley Brothers' "It's Your Thing"; there's also a less-satisfying Isleys cover from a different era in "Twist and Shout" (which lifts the beat of Toni Basil's "Mickey"), plus a rap take on Joe Tex's "I Gotcha." Elsewhere, "I Like It Like That" recycles the beat and brash shout-outs of "Push It." Thankfully, the next time out, Salt-n-Pepa would rethink their music and assume much greater creative control.

There's just one song that I know from Salt-N-Pepa and that's Push It which was off their first album lol. I think everyone who grew up during the 80s knows that song. This one was their second album.

Back