🎸🤘 Welcome to 80s Metal Saturdays! 🤘🎸

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
IMG_0929.jpeg

Get ready to crank up the volume because Saturdays are now dedicated to the electrifying era of 80s Metal! Join us every Saturday as we dive into the world of shredding guitars, pounding drums, and powerful vocals that defined a generation.

🔥 Discuss your favorite bands like Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Judas Priest.
🎶 Share your top picks for ’80s metal anthems and albums.
🤘 Swap concert stories and memories from the golden age of metal.

So grab your leather jackets and let’s rock out together every Saturday with 80s Metal Saturdays! 🤘🔥

This Saturday I'm honoring one of my favorite Iron Maiden albums Number of the Beast. My favorite songs off it are Number of the Beast, 22 Acacia Ave, The Prisoner and Gangland.

holy.jpg

Rocking out on this 80s Metal Saturday with Dio's iconic debut studio album, "Holy Diver," released back in 1983. With its thunderous riffs and powerful vocals, this album quickly became a staple in the heavy metal scene. Hailed by critics and fans alike, "Holy Diver" remains Dio's most celebrated work, cementing their place in metal history. Let's crank up the volume and dive into the electrifying world of 80s metal! My favorite tunes off it are Rainbow in the Dark, Caught in the Middle and Stand Up and Shout.

Last edited:
rush.jpg

Welcome back to 80s Metal Saturday! This weeks honorary mention is Rush. I don't know about you guys but Rush will always be one of my favorite metal bands. My favorite songs are Subdivisions, The Trees, Natural Science, Tom Sawyer, The Analogue Kid, Xanadu, La Villa Strangiato and Animate.

Boring music. They remind me of a bunch of nerds making nerd music

Dude you're entitled to your opinion but you're nuts to think that. Rush are a legend and their music was something of a different nature. Not your common band and they were definitely an acquired taste but they were amazing.

IMG_0949.jpeg

Welcome back to another week of 80s Metal Saturday. This week I'm going to be honoring Megadeth's So Far, So Good, So What album. What a great album and it takes me back to the 80s.

IMG_0989.png
Welcome back to the 80s Metal Saturdays! Today, I'm diving into an album that, back in the day, completely transformed my world. Now, I've moved past my fandom for the band, but respect where respect is due: Metallica's "Ride the Lightning." Picture this.. It was either '85 or '86, heading over to my cousin George's place, our usual hangout spot. He whips out this record, drops it on the player, and boom, my mind was blown. It was like nothing I'd ever experienced, a sheer force of sound. That was my gateway; from there, I explored giants like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, and more. Before that day, Metallica wasn't even on my radar.

last.jpg

Welcome back to another week of 80s Metal Saturdays. This week I'm honoring the album The Last Command by W.A.S.P. It wasn't their best album but for me it holds sentimental values especially the songs Blind in Texas and The Last Command.

IMG_1094.jpeg

Welcome back to another week of 80s Metal Saturdays! This Saturday, I'm cranking up the volume and diving into Judas Priest's iconic 1986 album, "Turbo." Known for its synth-infused metal sound, "Turbo" marked a distinctive shift from the band's earlier, grittier albums. The standout track, "Turbo Lover," epitomizes this era with its catchy melody and electrifying guitar riffs.

While "Turbo" received mixed reviews upon release, it's undeniably a signature 80s album that showcased Judas Priest's willingness to experiment and adapt to the evolving music scene. The synthesizer elements blended with the heavy metal guitar created a unique sound that, while controversial at the time, has become a beloved chapter in the band's legacy.

So, let's discuss: What are your thoughts on "Turbo Lover"? Did you love the bold new direction, or did you miss the old-school Priest vibes? Crank it up this Saturday and let's get those opinions firing!

I happen to be a fan of this album. Fine it's obviously not their best stuff like Painkillers, Screaming For Vengeance but it definitely grew on me.

Rock on,
Pete

IMG_1135.jpeg
Welcome to another round of 80s Metal Saturdays! Today, we're paying homage to Motley Crue's iconic album, "Too Fast for Love."

Released in 1981, "Too Fast for Love" blasted onto the scene with its raw energy and rebellious spirit, defining the essence of glam metal. With tracks like "Live Wire" and "Piece of Your Action," the album became an instant classic, capturing the hearts of headbangers everywhere.

Motley Crue wasn't just a band; they were the epitome of the 80s rock lifestyle, living fast and playing loud. "Too Fast for Love" embodied their unapologetic attitude, taking listeners on a wild ride through the streets of Hollywood and beyond.

From the pounding drums to the screeching guitars, every riff and lyric pulsated with adrenaline, urging fans to embrace their inner rebels. It was an anthem for the misfits, the outcasts, and anyone who dared to defy convention.

This album is my favorite Crue and glam metal album of all time. So as we blast "Too Fast for Love" today, let's raise our horns and salute Motley Crue for igniting the fire of rock 'n' roll that still burns bright to this day. Cheers to the kings of glam metal and their timeless masterpiece!

IMG_1202.jpeg
Welcome to 80s Metal Saturdays, where we crank up the volume and dive into the iconic sounds of heavy metal from the 80s! Today, let's shine a spotlight on the legendary album "Heaven and Hell." Released during the golden age of metal in 1980, this masterpiece from Black Sabbath marked a new era with Ronnie James Dio on vocals, delivering powerful anthems and epic guitar riffs that shook the very foundations of rock music.

"Heaven and Hell" isn't just an album; it's a journey through the realms of darkness and light, with tracks like "Neon Knights" and the titular "Heaven and Hell" capturing the raw energy and intensity of the era. Dio's haunting vocals paired with Tony Iommi's iconic guitar work create a sonic landscape that's as mesmerizing today as it was back then.

Back