Your choice of an 80s remake movie

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
If you had a choice have a famous director remake an 80’s movie which one you choose?
For me that’s a tough one because I’m not of remakes but regardless I guess I’d go with something like Star Wars Return of the Jedi. I picked that because it’s my least favorite one out of the earlier Star Wars films and two because if I would’ve chose let’s say a movie like Splash or Weird Science they would ruin the movie with modern graphics. Yes I don’t like how movies are filmed now a days. The graphics are just too much for me but for a movie like Star Wars that’s supposed to be futuristic and in space I don’t mind them. That’s why I chose Return of the Jedi.

i definitely understand where you’re coming from regarding the way films are shot and produced. So much of it is computer generated and the movies lag in acting. My choice for an eighties remake would be Stand and Deliver I suppose. I found it real difficult to think of a movie.

Back