Wizard of Wor

Hey!

Thanks for visiting www.WeLovetheEighties.com the #1 80s online community! If you’re a fan of the 80s decade then you’re at the right place. Register now to reminisce the 80s with us. Signing up takes less than a minute.

Wizard of Wor
Wizard of Wor is an action game for one or two players. The game takes the form of several maze-like dungeons infested with monsters. The players' characters, called Worriors, must kill all the monsters by shooting them. Player one has yellow Worriors, on the right, and player two has blue Worriors, on the left. In a two-player game, the players are also able to shoot each other's Worriors, earning bonus points and causing the other player to lose a life. Team-oriented players can successfully advance through the game by standing back-to-back (such as in a corner) and firing at anything that comes at them.

Each dungeon consists of a single-screen rectangular grid with walls and corridors in various formations. The Worriors and the monsters can travel freely through the corridors. Each dungeon has doors at the left and right edges, which connect with each other, making the dungeon wrap around. Whenever a door is traversed by a player or monster, both of them deactivate for a short period, making them impassable. A player who exits the door can pop back through the door immediately when the Worluk or Wizard is in the dungeon. A small radar display indicates the positions of all active monsters.
Players: 2
Co-op: Yes
Genre: Strategy, Shooter
Released:
Publisher: Midway Games
Game information provided by TheGamesDB

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
If only the game actually looked like the cover. Wizard of Wor was an arcade game that first appeared on Jan 1st 1980. Basically one of the first arcade games from the 80s.

Wizard of Wor was a fun game and you are correct mr. Eighties. It was one of the first arcade games ever that was released during the the eighties decade.

Wizard of Wor was a fun game and you are correct mr. Eighties. It was one of the first arcade games ever that was released during the the eighties decade.
I’m not trying to be funny or anything but you didn’t mention if you beat the game. So the million dollar question is did you beat it?

I don't remember this game on any consoles but I loved it at the arcades the art on the side of the arcade game was even better than the cover above and this never lost interest for me it's up there with Street Fighter 2 and Double Dragon and other greats etc...

Back