Who was more talented Michael Jackson or Prince?

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Who was the most talented out of the two?

• Total voters

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
Which of the two do you believe was more talented. Michael Jackson or Prince? Below I pointed who achieved what by collecting the info from the internet. If there’s info that I left out or wrong please do let me know on here and I’ll check it out.

9B173DF8-AB41-453E-8C35-6B92B8C9937F.png
Michael Jackson
  1. Michael Jackson helped turn Motown Into a sensation.
  2. Michael Jackson was one of the most successful musicians ever.
  3. Michael Jackson‘s Thriller was the number 1 selling album for almost 25 years.
  4. Michael Jackson was probably one of the best dancers ever to hit the music scene.
  5. Michael Jackson toyed around with musical instruments but couldn’t play them.
  6. Michael Jackson music videos were amazing. Thriller alone is the best music video till this day. Prince’s were nothing close.
  7. Michael Jackson released 11 albums and sold over 200 million worldwide. That speaks volumes in popularity.
  8. Michael Jackson was accused as being a pedophile.
  9. Michael Jackson at one won’t point owned the Beatles products and sold them.
  10. Michael Jackson‘s career in the end failed.
  11. Michael Jackson had a unique voice.
  12. Michael Jackson had 3 critically acclaimed albums.
Prince
  1. Prince released 25 albums. Yes his albums didn’t sell like Michael Jackson’s but he did make more.
  2. Prince wrote most of his songs.
  3. Prince wrote songs for other artists which became hits.
  4. Prince was a master in the guitar and knew how to play various instruments.
  5. Prince was the reason why there’s parental advisory stickers lol. He was also the first for sexual content in music.
  6. Prince created other stars.
  7. Prince apparently turned down Guitar Hero.
  8. Prince‘s career took a down turn but he turned it around.
  9. Prince had a unique voice.
  10. Prince had at least 5 critically acclaimed albums and maybe more.

Michael Jackson was untouchable in his times. He’s my choice. Prince was nowhere close to him.

No he was better at everything. Prince was nothing like MJ. Those stars which shared are biased and probably written by fans.

Prince. Michael was more commercially known and definitely was talented in his own right! There’s no denying he was an innovative force in music, just look at Thriller. However Prince could play several instrument including guitar, keyboard, drums and bass. He wrote hits for several artists. Sold over 100 million records worldwide. Had incredible vocal range , could sing in falsetto like in his hit “I wanna be your lover”. Ventured into movies, Purple Rain, which soundtrack was number 1 for 24 weeks on Billboard.

I agree that Michael had better hit songs but as for being talented Prince had a lot more talents.

Back