Urban Cowboy (1980)

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

5.00 star(s)
5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Urban Cowboy

Genre: Drama,Romance,Western

Director: James Bridges

Cast: John Travolta,Debra Winger,Scott Glenn,Madolyn Smith Osborne,Barry Corbin,Brooke Alderson,Cooper Huckabee,James Gammon,Mickey Gilley,Johnny Lee,Bonnie Raitt,Betty Murphy,Charlie Daniels,Ed Geldart,Leah Geldart,Keith Clemons,Howard Norman,Sheryl Briedel,Sean Lawler,Gator Conley,Minnie Elerick,David Ogle,Bret Williams,Tamara Champlin,Becky Conway,Sherwood Cryer,Jerry Hall,Cyndy Hall,Lucky Mosley,Zetta Raney,Ellen March,Gina Alexander,Steven Chambers,Ann Travolta,Anson Downes,W.P. Wright III,Steve Strange,Norman Tucker,Debie Tucker,Jessie La Rive,Bettye Fitzpatrick,Jim Gough,Connie Hanson,Glenn Holtzman,Christopher Saylors,Daniel Heintschel Jr.,Ben P. Brannon III,Robert Lewis Bush,James N. Harrell,Julie Bailey,Gene McLaughlin

Release: 1980-06-06

Runtime: 132

Plot: After moving to Pasadena, Texas, country boy Bud Davis starts hanging around a bar called Gilley's, where he falls in love with Sissy, a cowgirl who believes the sexes are equal. They eventually marry, but their relationship is turbulent due to Bud's traditional view of gender roles. Jealousy over his rival leads to their separation, but Bud attempts to win Sissy back by triumphing at Gilley's mechanical bull-riding competition.

Where to watch

Trailer Videos

• John Travolta is an Urban Cowboy 1980

• Trailer
    • Urban Cowboy 1980 TV trailer # 2

• Trailer
    • Urban Cowboy - Trailer

• Trailer
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
This classic Urban Cowboy started off the 80s decade. This movie is one of my all time favorites.

I love that movie! Ugh John Travolta was so sexy in urban cowboy… ❤️❤️😍😍
Lol of course you did. I think almost half the population of women in the U.S. thought the same. The movie was definitely a good one.

Sissy is portrayed as lazy and doesn’t keep a clean house. That probably means that she has bad hygiene too. Pam is portrayed as being classy so she gets my vote.

Sissy is portrayed as lazy and doesn’t keep a clean house. That probably means that she has bad hygiene too. Pam is portrayed as being classy so she gets my vote.

Yah sissy wasn’t good at chores but she was hot.

Back