The value of 100 dollars in 1980 versus today

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
The value of the 100 dollars in 1980 is worth 369 dollars and seven cents In 2023. Today with inflation a dollar gets you absolutely nothing. Gas prices are astronomical. Milk, eggs and bread are ridiculously priced. What a difference things were back in the 80s.

Mainly you should expect the dollar to decrease in value as the years go by. So I don’t really know how much of that is due to inflation. What I mean to say with or without inflation things will always be more expensive as time passes. I know that inflation is the reason why the costs today are astronomical but to what degree I don’t know.

Mainly you should expect the dollar to decrease in value as the years go by. So I don’t really know how much of that is due to inflation. What I mean to say with or without inflation things will always be more expensive as time passes. I know that inflation is the reason why the costs today are astronomical but to what degree I don’t know.
Understandably yes but not to the extent that we are in now. America is in a serious economic crisis no thanks to President Biden who I voted for because I hate the prior president. President Biden’s policies such as pandemic-related economic dislocation, supply chain problems, the fiscal and monetary stimuli provided in 2020 and 2021 by governments and central banks around the world in response to the pandemic, and price gouging. Also because of the damage that the government has done to producing oil in the America.

Back