The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

5.00 star(s)
5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: The Empire Strikes Back

Genre: Adventure,Action,Science Fiction

Director: Irvin Kershner

Cast: Mark Hamill,Harrison Ford,Carrie Fisher,Billy Dee Williams,Anthony Daniels,David Prowse,Peter Mayhew,Kenny Baker,Frank Oz,Alec Guinness,Jeremy Bulloch,Jason Wingreen,John Hollis,Jack Purvis,Des Webb,Kathryn Mullen,Marjorie Eaton,Clive Revill,Kenneth Colley,Julian Glover,Michael Sheard,Michael Culver,John Dicks,Milton Johns,Mark Jones,Oliver Maguire,Robin Scobey,Bruce Boa,Christopher Malcolm,Denis Lawson,Richard Oldfield,John Morton,Ian Liston,John Ratzenberger,Jack McKenzie,Jerry Harte,Norman Chancer,Norwich Duff,Ray Hassett,Brigitte Kahn,Burnell Tucker,Bob Anderson,Lightning Bear,Richard Bonehill,John Cannon,Mark Capri,Martin Dew,Peter Diamond,Stuart Fell,Doug Robinson,Tony Smart,Alan Harris,James Earl Jones,Mac McDonald,Ralph McQuarrie,Ralph Morse,Terry Richards,Treat Williams,Shaun Curry,Alan Austen,Jim Dowdall,Tom Egeland,Alan Flyng,Trevor Butterfield,Mercedes Burleigh,Jane Busby,Maurice Bush,Tony Clarkin,Mike Edmonds,Walter Henry,Paul Jerricho,Joe Johnston,Steven Meek,Peter Roy,Stephanie English,Michael Leader,Egbert Sen,Elaine Baker,Ian McDiarmid,Temuera Morrison,Paul Klein

Release: 1980-05-20

Runtime: 124

Plot: The epic saga continues as Luke Skywalker, in hopes of defeating the evil Galactic Empire, learns the ways of the Jedi from aging master Yoda. But Darth Vader is more determined than ever to capture Luke. Meanwhile, rebel leader Princess Leia, cocky Han Solo, Chewbacca, and droids C-3PO and R2-D2 are thrown into various stages of capture, betrayal and despair.

Where to watch

Trailer Videos

• The Empire Strikes Back 1980 TV trailer #2

• Trailer
    • The Empire Strikes Back 1981 re-release TV trailer

• Trailer
    • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Trailer

• Trailer
    • The Empire Strikes Back 1981 re-release TV trailer #2

• Trailer
    • The Empire Strikes Back: Teaser Trailer

• Trailer
    • The Empire Strikes Back: Theatrical Trailer #2

• Trailer
    • The Empire Strikes Back Featurette: The Flight Through the Asteroids - A Storyboard Comparison

• Featurette
    • The Empire Strikes Back - Star Wars: The Digital Movie Collection

• Trailer
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
What better way to start of the 80s movie thread with this 1980 classic Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back. It was ranked number in 1980 and for a good reason. It was a great movie.

The next 3 Anakin ones were ok but huge let down especially with all the Anakin actors were the worst I seen in any movie especially The teenage Anakin was the worst actor in the history of anything including movies/tv/live stage/school plays/etc...I really hate that idiot hahaha...

The Disney ones were ok but really dumb plots of course...but yeah nothing beats the original 3...

The next 3 Anakin ones were ok but huge let down especially with all the Anakin actors were the worst I seen in any movie especially The teenage Anakin was the worst actor in the history of anything including movies/tv/live stage/school plays/etc...I really hate that idiot hahaha...

The Disney ones were ok but really dumb plots of course...but yeah nothing beats the original 3...

I don’t know why but the Anakin ones I liked.

Back