Suburbia (1984)

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

5.00 star(s)
5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Suburbia

Genre: Drama,Music,Thriller

Director: Penelope Spheeris

Cast: Chris Pedersen,Bill Coyne,Jennifer Clay,Timothy O'Brien,Wade Walston,Flea,Maggie Ehrig,Grant Miner,Christina Beck,Andrew Pece,Donald V. Allen,Robert Peyton,Jeff Prettyman,Gina Carrera,J. Dinan Myrtetus

Release: 1984-04-13

Runtime: 94

Plot: When household tensions and a sense of worthlessness overcome Evan, he finds escape when he clings with the orphans of a throw-away society. The runaways hold on to each other like a family until a tragedy tears them apart.

Where to watch

Streaming: Buy: Rent:
More details on TMDb

Trailer Videos

• Suburbia (1983) - Trailer

• Trailer
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
I feel like the movie Suburbia doesn’t get the recognition that it should. It was such a great 80s movie in my opinion. A good story about runaway kids (squatters) that bond together and just have fun.

I will have to watch this movie. Seems like a good one to watch over the weekend.

Suburbia, also known as Rebel Streets and The Wild Side, is a 1984 American coming-of-age drama/thriller film written and directed by Penelope Spheeris and produced by Roger Corman. The film's plot concerns a group of suburban youths who run away from home and adopt a punk lifestyle by squatting in abandoned suburban tract homes. The punks are played by Chris Pedersen, Bill Coyne, Timothy Eric O'Brien, Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea and others.

The film contains live footage of D.I. performing "Richard Hung Himself", T.S.O.L. performing "Wash Away" and "Darker My Love" and the Vandals performing "The Legend of Pat Brown."

The film inspired the Pet Shop Boys song "Suburbia."

Back