Sixteen Candles (1984)

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

4.00 star(s)
4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Sixteen Candles

Genre: Comedy,Romance

Director: John Hughes

Cast: Molly Ringwald,Justin Henry,Michael Schoeffling,Haviland Morris,Gedde Watanabe,Anthony Michael Hall,Paul Dooley,Carlin Glynn,Blanche Baker,Edward Andrews,Billie Bird,Carole Cook,Max Showalter,Liane Curtis,John Cusack,Darren Harris,Debbie Pollack,Ross Berkson,Jonathan Chapin,Joan Cusack,Brian Doyle-Murray,Bekka Eaton,Pamela Elser,Steven Farber,Jami Gertz,John Kapelos,Marge Kotlisky,Tony Longo,Steve Monarque,Bill Orsi,Beth Ringwald,Zelda Rubinstein,Dennis Vero,Elaine Wilkes,Frank Howard,Cinnamon Idles,Agnes Belushi,Andy Hirsch,James Huffman,Liz Kern,Stephan Meyers,Erika Pearson,Adam Rifkin,Jennifer Scott,James Vallo,Robert Minkoff,Sven Granlund

Release: 1984-05-04

Runtime: 93

Plot: A teenage girl deals with her parents forgetting her birthday and a crush on her high school's heartthrob.

Where to watch

Trailer Videos

• trailer for sixteen candles

• Trailer
    • Superdawg & 16 Candles with John Hughes NBC local coverage

• Featurette
    • Clip

• Clip
    • Adam Rifkin on 16 CANDLES

• Featurette
    • Sixteen Candles - Deleted Cafeteria Scene

• Clip
    • Sixteen Candles 1984 TV trailer

• Trailer
    • Original Trailer

• Trailer
    • The Making of Sixteen Candles' Shermer, Illinois | Bonus Feature Spotlight [Blu-ray/DVD]

• Featurette
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Sixteen Candles is probably one of my favorite 80s teen movie and my favorite one with Molly Greenwald. It was real funny. The scenes with the foreign exchange student from China or Japan were hilarious. My favorite line was “ whatsa happening hota stuff” lol. The whole movie was great.

I thought it was pretty good even though I don't like school movies was pretty funny gave it a 3...

Really...? No way...why? I liked the ensemble cast best I think haha...must because I like most anything with Emilio Estevez in it haha...

Emilio Estevez is great but the whole story line and how each one of them has their own issues just made me lose interest. I don’t know but I just can’t get into that one.

Back