Sega Genesis/Mega Drive

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

May 3, 2023
Sega's 16 bit console was released in 1988 in Japan, and later in 1989 in the US. Europe didn't get the console until 1990, however. This was before the Super Nintendo was released, and at the time of it's release the Mega Drive had superior graphics and sound. Early models sported the text "High Definition Graphics" near the cartridge slot. The first models launched with Altered Beast · Last Battle · Space Harrier II · Super Thunder Blade · Thunder Force II · Tommy Lasorda Baseball in the US. Did you ever play the Genesis back in the day? I actually own four of them currently, it's my favorite game console of all time!

the first time I owned a Sega was the Sega Genesis. I inherited it from my cousin. Didn’t really like it though. Nintendo was my thing.

I still own a Sega Genesis 16 bit console. It is stored away in my closet with my Atari and Colecovision.

Back