Re-ac-tor (1981)

Hey!

Thanks for visiting www.WeLovetheEighties.com the #1 80s online community! If you’re a fan of the 80s decade then you’re at the right place. Register now to reminisce the 80s with us. Signing up takes less than a minute.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Re-ac-tor
Artist: Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Genre: Country
Released: 1981

Tracks:
1 - Opera Star - 3:33
2 - Surfer Joe & Moe the Sleaze - 4:16
3 - T-Bone - 9:13
4 - Get Back on It - 2:15
5 - Southern Pacific - 4:07
6 - Motor City - 3:13
7 - Rapid Transit - 4:36
8 - Shots - 7:42
9 - Raining in Paradise - 4:39
10 - If You Got Love - 3:21
11 - Mr. Soul - 5:03
12 - Baby What You Want Me to Do - 6:11
13 - Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roller - 8:54

Overview:
Re-ac-tor is the eleventh studio album by Canadian musician Neil Young, and his third with Crazy Horse, released in 1981. The album married the electric guitar crunch of the late '70s Crazy Horse sound with early '80s new wave rhythms. The simplistic, overdriven sound of the songs can be seen as a continuation of the punk-influenced numbers of Rust Never Sleeps such as "Sedan Delivery".
Critical reception to the album was generally poor except for the accolades accorded to the album closer "Shots". The album marked the first use by Young of the Synclavier which would be featured heavily on several of his later albums: Trans (1982) and Landing on Water (1986).
The album features the Serenity Prayer, from the Twelve Steps programme, on its back cover ("'Deus dona mihi serenitatem accipere res quae non possum mutare fortitudinem mutare res quae possum atque sapientiam differentiam cognoscere'" – "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference").
It was unavailable on compact disc until it was released as a HDCD-encoded remastered version on August 19, 2003 as part of the Neil Young Archives Digital Masterpiece Series.

i'm a fan of a couple of his songs on his solo albums without Crazy Horse. I don't know any songs from this album.

Back