Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (1980)

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
Artist: Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
Genre: Synthpop
Released: 1980

Tracks:
1 - Bunker Soldiers - 2:53
2 - Almost - 3:44
3 - Mystereality - 2:45
4 - Electricity - 3:39
5 - The Messerschmitt Twins - 5:41
6 - Messages - 4:12
7 - Julia's Song - 4:41
8 - Red Frame/White Light - 3:11
9 - Dancing - 2:58
10 - Pretending to See the Future - 3:47
11 - Messages (single version) - 4:46
12 - I Betray My Friends - 3:52
13 - Taking Sides Again - 4:22
14 - Waiting for the Man - 3:00
15 - Electricity (Hannett Cargo Studios version) - 3:36
16 - Almost (Hannett Cargo Studios version) - 3:50

Overview:
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark is the self-titled debut album by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, released in 1980. The album peaked at number 27 in the UK Albums Chart. "Electricity" and "Red Frame/White Light" were low charting singles taken from the album. A re-recorded version of "Messages" provided OMD with their first hit in the UK, reaching number 13.
The album was remastered and re-released in 2003, with six bonus tracks.
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark is also the title of a 1981 compilation album of tracks from this album and Organisation, released only in the United States.

Any fans of Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark's debut album? I like the song Electricity off it.

Back