National Lampoon's European Vacation (1985)

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

5.00 star(s)
5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: National Lampoon's European Vacation

Genre: Adventure,Comedy,Romance

Director: Amy Heckerling

Cast: Chevy Chase,Beverly D'Angelo,Dana Hill,Jason Lively,Eric Idle,William Zabka,John Astin,Mel Smith,Maureen Lipman,Robbie Coltrane,Paul Bartel,Cynthia Szigeti,Jacques Herlin,Jacques Maury,Willy Millowitsch,Erika Wackernagel,Moon Unit Zappa,Claudia Neidig,Elizabeth Arlen,Paul McDowell,Ballard Berkeley,Derek Deadman,Angus MacKay,Jeannette Charles,Peter Hugo,Julie Wooldridge,Malcolm Danare

Release: 1985-07-25

Runtime: 95

Plot: The Griswalds win a vacation to Europe on a game show, and so pack their bags for the continent. They do their best to catch the flavor of Europe, but they just don't know how to be be good tourists. Besides, they have trouble taking holidays in countries where they CAN speak the language.

Where to watch

Trailer Videos

• National Lampoon's European Vacation - Trailer

• Trailer
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
200.gif

National Lampoon’s European Vacation was the second best one out of the sequels in my opinion. Nothing beats the first one but the second one was pretty good. Chevy Chase was great. One of my favorite scenes was when he couldn’t get out of his lane and he kept driving around in circles. There’s Big Ben kids lol.

Did you know that European Vacation Changed the cast of the kids because Anthony Michael-Hall backed out at the last minute to star in the movie, Weird Science? Do you think it was worth it? I think they’re both gems but I would’ve preferred he stayed on European.

Did you know that European Vacation Changed the cast of the kids because Anthony Michael-Hall backed out at the last minute to star in the movie, Weird Science? Do you think it was worth it? I think they’re both gems but I would’ve preferred he stayed on European.
He took a big gamble by doing that but it paid off big time.

I’m very happy that Anthony Michael Hall turned down to come back as Rusty and instead choose to star in the movie Weird Science because it is one of my favorite 80s films. I like the National Lampoon sequels very much but not as much as Weird Science.

Back