Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
It's a right jab, a left hook, an uppercut - it's Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! where you'll get the chance to compete against boxers from around the globe. Punch your way through 13 bouts in the minor, major and world circuits against tough contestants like Piston Honda, Glass Joe, Super Macho Man and many, many more! Defeat all your opponents and meet the ultimate challenge against the World Heavyweight Champion Mike Tyson in the greatest fight of all - The Dream Bout! Knockout Tyson and you can become WVBA (World Video Boxing Association) Champ!
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Fighting, Sports
Released:
Publisher: Nintendo

Trailer
Game information provided by TheGamesDB

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
Mike Tyson’s Punch Out was one of my favorite Nintendo video games. Till this day I have never beat Tyson lol. I play it from time to time. I make it to Tyson but boom! He always manages to catch me with us upper cut. One day I’ll beat him. One day.

When you dodge Tyson's uppercut you have to counterpunch with two punches with the hand corresponding to the direction that Mike is facing.
Punch high with the left hand if he’s looking to the right. Punch high with the right hand if he’s looking to the left.
If Tyson punches with his left you're supposed to punch with your right vice versa. It will take awhile but you will win. Fighting Mike Tyson is all about being patient and dodging his punches.

When you dodge Tyson's uppercut you have to counterpunch with two punches with the hand corresponding to the direction that Mike is facing.
Punch high with the left hand if he’s looking to the right. Punch high with the right hand if he’s looking to the left.
If Tyson punches with his left you're supposed to punch with your right vice versa. It will take awhile but you will win. Fighting Mike Tyson is all about being patient and dodging his punches.
Yes I know all that. My problem is that I don’t dodge in tune with Tysons uppercuts. I’ve come close to beating but not close enough. One day I’ll beat him lol.

So I played the game on this past Sunday and beat everyone flawlessly until I got to Mike Tyson. I think it was either on my third or fourth try that I thought I had him but sure enough he knocked the spirit out of me. I‘m blaming that on the dodge button from my controller!

So I played the game on this past Sunday and beat everyone flawlessly until I got to Mike Tyson. I think it was either on my third or fourth try that I thought I had him but sure enough he knocked the spirit out of me. I‘m blaming that on the dodge button from my controller!
I could beat Tyson with myneyes closed.

Back