LEGO Announces a Pac-Man Arcade Machine Set

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

fords8

80s Rookie
May 2, 2023
LEGO has teamed up with Bandai Namco to create a block-based tribute to the classic 1980 Pac-Man arcade cabinet.

The 2,651 piece set was created to celebrate the 43rd anniversary of the Pac-Man arcade’s 1980 Japanese release and will be available to purchase on June 4 for $269.99 (£229.99).

Quite understandably, the arcade cabinet won’t actually let you play the classic Pac-Man game. Instead, the designers have built a mechanism into the set that allows players to simulate the arcade experience by cranking the lever mounted on the side of the cabinet.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyone else see this?

I read that this morning. It’s a brick-built NES and Super Mario Mighty Bowser. Today is the 43rd anniversary of Pac-Man’s very first reveal. it’s 12.5 inch tall arcade cabinet mimics the original machine and is made of 2,650 pieces and features a light-up coin slot.

IMG_0058.jpegIMG_0057.jpeg

That looks real cool! If it came preassembled I might if bought it. I don’t have the patience to put that all together.

Back