Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good! (1985)

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good!
Artist: Megadeth
Genre: Thrash Metal
Released: 1985

Tracks:
1 - Last Rites / Loved to Deth - 4:41
2 - Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good! - 3:07
3 - Skull Beneath the Skin - 3:48
4 - Rattlehead - 3:43
5 - Chosen Ones - 2:55
6 - Looking Down the Cross - 5:02
7 - Mechanix - 4:25
8 - These Boots - 4:39
9 - Last Rites / Loved to Deth (demo) - 4:16
10 - Mechanix (demo) - 3:59
11 - The Skull Beneath the Skin (demo) - 3:11

Overview:
Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good! is the debut studio album by American heavy metal band Megadeth, released in June 1985 through Combat and Relativity Records. During the beginning of 1985, the band was given $8,000 by Combat to record and produce their debut album, but this proved to not be enough and so the band were given a further $4,000. Instead, a majority of the budget was spent on drugs, alcohol, and food so thus the band was forced to fire their original producer and produce it themselves. Despite the resulting poor production, the album was a well-received effort that was credited for blending elements of thrash and speed metal. It explores themes of death, violence and social commentary, and received positive reviews from most music critics.
The album featured a controversial cover of "These Boots Are Made for Walkin'" and the track "Mechanix", a song Dave Mustaine originally wrote for Metallica. A deluxe edition, completely remixed and remastered with several bonus tracks, was released through Loud Records in 2002. It features vastly different artwork, with its cover based on the version originally designed by Mustaine in 1985. Several songs from the album have been performed by Megadeth during their various tours. As of 2005, Killing Is My Business had sold over 254,000 copies in the U.S since the beginning of the Soundscan era.

I'm so happy that Dave Mustane left a Metallica and formed Megadeth because if he didn't we wouldn't have been blessed with albums like Killing Is My Business. What a great heavy metal album.

Back