Iron Maiden (1980)

Hey!

Thanks for visiting www.WeLovetheEighties.com the #1 80s online community! If you’re a fan of the 80s decade then you’re at the right place. Register now to reminisce the 80s with us. Signing up takes less than a minute.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Iron Maiden
Artist: Iron Maiden
Genre: Heavy Metal
Released: 1980

Tracks:
1 - Prowler - 3:55
2 - Remember Tomorrow - 5:27
3 - Running Free - 3:17
4 - Phantom of the Opera - 7:20
5 - Transylvania - 4:05
6 - Strange World - 5:46
7 - Charlotte the Harlot - 4:12
8 - Iron Maiden - 3:34

Overview:
Iron Maiden, released on 14 April 1980, is the debut album by the British heavy metal band Iron Maiden. It was released by EMI in the UK, and a few months later in the U.S., originally on Harvest/Capitol Records and subsequently Sanctuary Records/Columbia Records. The U.S. release also included the song "Sanctuary", only released in the UK as a single. In 1998, along with the rest of the band's pre-X Factor releases, Iron Maiden was remastered with "Sanctuary" added in all territories.
Although Iron Maiden have since criticised the quality of the album's production, the release was met with critical and commercial acclaim, debuting at number 4 in the UK Albums Chart as well as achieving prominence for the band in mainland Europe.

When Iron Maiden really started to hit the scene it started with their self debut album Iron Maiden. This album is one of my favorites from them. Paul D’iano was the man. That’s not to say that I didn’t like Dickinson with Maiden. The style of music between the two was different but Maiden’s first two albums will always be my favorite.

Definitely one of the most iconic debut albums ever.. Remember Tomorrow is one of my favorite tracks ever!! A ballad that not even Bruce can do justice.

Back