Internet in the 80s

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
How different do you think the 80s would‘ve been if there was internet? Personally I’m glad that we didn’t have access to the internet. I feel like it would’ve taken away the creativeness and originality. People only had their brains for the most part to come up with something original. With the internet it would’ve definitely been different.

Noooooo the 80s wouldn't of been the same. No internet made the 80s special. Actually I think the internet was around in the 80s but it wasn't main stream. It was local I think. What do I know?? hahaha

January 1, 1983 is considered the official birthday of the Internet. Prior to this, the various computer networks did not have a standard way to communicate with each other. A new communications protocol was established called Transfer Control Protocol/Internetwork Protocol (TCP/IP).
Here we go!

Yes I know that the internet was created some time in the 80s. I figured it was in the late 80s but it was mainly used by companies and the government. It wasn’t something available to public like it was in the 90s.

Back