In the Eye of the Storm (1984)

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: In the Eye of the Storm
Artist: Roger Hodgson
Genre: Progressive Rock
Released: 1984

Tracks:
1 - Had a Dream (Sleeping With the Enemy) - 8:27
2 - In Jeopardy - 5:57
3 - Lovers in the Wind - 4:13
4 - Hooked on a Problem - 5:08
5 - Give Me Love, Give Me Life - 7:33
6 - I'm Not Afraid - 7:05
7 - Only Because of You - 8:36

Overview:
In the Eye of the Storm is the first solo album by former Supertramp member Roger Hodgson released on October 1984.

The album's first single was the four-minute edit of "Had a Dream (Sleeping With the Enemy)", which peaked at number 48 on the Billboard Hot 100. The follow-up single, a four-minute edit of "In Jeopardy", was a minor hit, peaking at number 30 on the Mainstream Rock Tracks chart but failing to crack the Billboard Hot 100.
The album itself was only moderately successful, stalling at number 46 in the Billboard album charts and only reaching number 70 in the UK Albums Chart. It performed far better in Canada, going platinum within a month of its release. It also enjoyed success in Australia, hitting number 23 on the Album Charts as "Had a Dream (Sleeping with the Enemy)" peaked at number 21.

The album received a positive review from Allmusic, who stated that the album's key quality is that Hodgson plays the vast majority of the instruments himself. They also noted that though the music itself lacks any progressive rock elements, "The spirit of traditional progressive rock experimentation is alive on this album; five of the seven songs exceed six minutes.

In the Eye of the Storm was Roger Hodgson's debut album when he solo after leaving the band Supertramp. I don't know his music or the music from his band Supertramp.

Back