Face Value (1981)

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Face Value
Artist: Phil Collins
Genre: Progressive Rock
Released: 1981

Tracks:
1 - In the Air Tonight - 5:35
2 - This Must Be Love - 3:56
3 - Behind the Lines - 3:55
4 - The Roof Is Leaking - 3:17
5 - Droned - 2:49
6 - Hand in Hand - 5:22
7 - I Missed Again - 3:46
8 - You Know What I Mean - 2:33
9 - Thunder and Lightning - 4:14
10 - I'm Not Moving - 2:35
11 - If Leaving Me Is Easy - 4:55
12 - Tomorrow Never Knows - 4:46

Overview:
Face Value is the debut solo album by Genesis front man Phil Collins, released in February 1981 on the Virgin label internationally and Atlantic Records in North America. It was released in the UK 11 days after his 30th birthday. The album includes the hit single, "In the Air Tonight", whose dark mood was inspired by the fallout of Collins' first marriage with his wife Andrea.

Phill Collins first solo album since leaving Genesis was this one right here. The album Face Value gave birth to one of the most popular songs till this day which is In the Air Tonight. It’s a great song but I really have to be in the mood to listen to it or it has to come on at the right time.

Back