End of the Century (1980)

Hey!

Thanks for visiting www.WeLovetheEighties.com the #1 80s online community! If you’re a fan of the 80s decade then you’re at the right place. Register now to reminisce the 80s with us. Signing up takes less than a minute.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Vote
Title: End of the Century
Artist: Ramones
Genre: Punk Rock
Released: 1980

Tracks:
1 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? - 3:52
2 - I'm Affected - 2:53
3 - Danny Says - 3:09
4 - Chinese Rock - 2:31
5 - The Return of Jackie and Judy - 3:14
6 - Let's Go - 2:34
7 - Baby, I Love You - 3:49
8 - I Can't Make It on Time - 2:33
9 - This Ain't Havana - 2:18
10 - Rock 'n' Roll High School - 2:41
11 - All the Way - 2:30
12 - High Risk Insurance - 2:08

Overview:
End of the Century is the fifth studio album by the American punk rock band the Ramones. It was released on February 4, 1980, and was produced by Phil Spector. After Spector became interested in the band, he offered to produce their next record. Vocalist Joey Ramone was an avid fan of Spector's early work, including albums by many girl groups and Let It Be by The Beatles. As an attempt at a Top 40 record and mainstream acceptance, the songs are more "produced" and longer in duration, averaging around three minutes.
End of the Century reached number 44 on the US Billboard 200 chart, and reached number 14 on the UK Albums Chart, making it the band's highest-charting album in both countries. Even though its best-charting single was "Baby, I Love You", the better known songs are "Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio?" and Spector's version of "Rock 'n' Roll High School".

The Ramones first 80s album was End of the Century. It was a pretty good one. The song Rock ‘N Roll High school was on the 80s movie Rock ‘N Roll High School.

Back