Dune (1984)

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

2.50 star(s)
2.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Dune

Genre: Action,Science Fiction,Adventure

Director: David Lynch

Cast: Kyle MacLachlan,Francesca Annis,Patrick Stewart,Linda Hunt,José Ferrer,Leonardo Cimino,Freddie Jones,Brad Dourif,Richard Jordan,Virginia Madsen,Silvana Mangano,Everett McGill,Sting,Kenneth McMillan,Jack Nance,Siân Phillips,Jürgen Prochnow,Paul L. Smith,Dean Stockwell,Max von Sydow,Alicia Witt,Sean Young,Danny Corkill,Honorato Magaloni,Judd Omen,Molly Wryn,Angélica Aragón,Thomas Ebert,Humberto Elizondo,Ricardo Hill,Ernesto Laguardia,David Lynch,Ramón Menéndez,Ana Ofelia Murguía,Claudia Ramírez,Julieta Rosen,John Sabol,Margarita Sanz,Jacqueline Voltaire

Release: 1984-12-14

Runtime: 137

Plot: In the year 10,191, the world is at war for control of the desert planet Arrakis—the only place where the space-travel substance Melange 'Spice' can be found. But when one leader gives up control, it's only so he can stage a coup with some unsavory characters.

Where to watch

Trailer Videos

• Trailer (Fan Remaster)

• Trailer
    • Paul's New Age Duel Against Gurney

• Clip
    • DUNE Trailer [1984]

• Trailer
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Dune 1984 the acting was real bad. The movie was bad because its characters exist solely to serve the plot. The book written by the author Frank Herbert 1965. It was very successful unlike the movie. The movie was surrounded by a lot of controversy due to the bad acting.

Dune 1984 the acting was real bad. The movie was bad because its characters exist solely to serve the plot. The book written by the author Frank Herbert 1965. It was very successful unlike the movie. The movie was surrounded by a lot of controversy due to the bad acting.
You bring up a good point about the bad acting but I think Patrick Stewart was great in it.

You bring up a good point about the bad acting but I think Patrick Stewart was great in it.
Even captain Picard wasn't enough to save this movie for me gave this a 2...I've read the book and for me it was just ok...too much of this universe is borrowed from just the middle eastern cultures and religions...

Back