Dreamtime (1984)

Hey!

Thanks for visiting www.WeLovetheEighties.com the #1 80s online community! If you’re a fan of the 80s decade then you’re at the right place. Register now to reminisce the 80s with us. Signing up takes less than a minute.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Dreamtime
Artist: The Cult
Genre: Rock
Released: 1984

Tracks:
1 - Horse Nation - 3:46
2 - Spiritwalker - 3:39
3 - 83rd Dream - 3:39
4 - Butterflies - 3:00
5 - Go West - 3:59
6 - Gimmick - 3:34
7 - A Flower in the Desert - 3:43
8 - Dreamtime - 2:49
9 - Rider in the Snow - 3:12
10 - Bad Medicine Waltz - 5:57
11 - Bonebag - 3:47
12 - Sea and Sky - 3:32
13 - Resurrection Joe - 6:07

Overview:
Dreamtime is the debut studio album by The Cult. Released on 10 September 1984, it reached #21 in the UK and was later certified silver by the BPI after having sold 60,000 copies. The first single, "Spiritwalker", reached #1 on the UK Indie Chart. Dreamtime has subsequently been reissued (or in some cases bootlegged) in roughly 30 countries worldwide.
Lyrics to the song "Horse Nation" are taken almost verbatim from the book Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee. "Spiritwalker" is a reference to shamanism, while "Dreamtime" is inspired by the Australian Aborigines and 'Butterflies' is a reference to the Hopi ceremonial butterfly dance. "A Flower in the Desert" is a reworking of the Southern Death Cult's song "Flowers in the Forest".
The record was originally being produced by Joe Julian, but after recording the drums, the band decided to replace him, and Beggars Banquet suggested John Brand. The record was ultimately produced by Brand, but guitarist Billy Duffy has said that the drum tracks used on the record were those produced by Julian, as band drummer Nigel Preston had become too unreliable by that time.

I always liked the Cult but I never listened to this album. The only two albums that I know from them are Sonic Temple and Love.

Back