Dig Dug

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Dig Dug
Dig a little deeper into this thrilling action game as Dig Dug! Take up the role of Dig Dug, the champion of love and justice, as you drill through the ground and defeat any enemies that stray in your path. Clear the stage by avoiding and defeating the persistent Pooka and the deep-dwelling but whimsical Fygars. Hit enemies with the harpoon and pump air into them, or drop rocks from above. Pass through inflated enemies, or defeat multiple enemies in an adjacent passage for an even higher score. To earn a chance at bonus points, don't forget to collect those vegetables that appear! Keep on digging, and outmatch the enemies that dwell deep underground!
Players: 2
Co-op: No
Genre: Puzzle
Released:
Publisher: Atari, Inc.

Trailer
Game information provided by TheGamesDB

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
Dig Dug was a fun game. It wasn’t my favorite but I did play it occasionally on my Nintendo.

I was one of the best at playing Dig Dug. Dig Dug is a maze video game. The player controls protagonist Dig Dug (Taizo Hori) to eliminate each screen's enemies: Pookas, red creatures with comically large goggles, and Fygars, fire-breathing green dragons. Dig Dug can use an air pump to inflate them to bursting, or crush them under large falling rocks. Bonus points are awarded for squashing multiple enemies with a single rock, and dropping two rocks in a stage yields a bonus item, which can be eaten for points. Once all the enemies have been defeated, Dig Dug progresses to the next stage.

Enemies chase Dig Dug through dirt in the form of ghostly eyes, only becoming solid in the air where his pump can stun or destroy them. Enemies eventually become faster and more aggressive and the last one then attempts escape. Later stages vary in dirt color, while increasing the number and speed of enemies.

Back