Desperate (1982)

Hey!

Thanks for visiting www.WeLovetheEighties.com the #1 80s online community! If you’re a fan of the 80s decade then you’re at the right place. Register now to reminisce the 80s with us. Signing up takes less than a minute.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Desperate
Artist: Divinyls
Genre: Rock
Released: 1982

Tracks:
1 - Boys in Town - 2:51
2 - Only Lonely - 3:14
3 - Science Fiction - 3:32
4 - Siren (Never Let You Go) - 2:32
5 - Elsie - 6:43
6 - Only You - 2:47
7 - Ring Me Up - 3:11
8 - Victoria - 3:24
9 - Take A Chance - 3:24
10 - I'll Make You Happy - 3:19

Overview:
Desperate is the debut studio album and second overall album by Australian rock band Divinyls, released in 1983 by Chrysalis Records. The album contains the hits "Boys in Town", "Science Fiction" and "Siren (Never Let You Go)".
The track listing of Desperate differed between the Australian release and the international version. Because Divinyls had already released the Monkey Grip soundtrack, which contained the songs performed in the film, in particular the single "Boys in Town", they were not included on the original Australian release of Desperate. This meant that "Science Fiction" was released as the official lead single. On the international release of Desperate, some of the songs from the Monkey Grip soundtrack were included as official album tracks, such as "Boys in Town", "Only Lonely", "Only You" and "Elsie".
The majority of the songs on Desperate were written by Amphlett and/or McEntee except "Siren (Never Let You Go)", which was written by band member Bjarne Ohlin, and "I'll Make You Happy", which was a cover of the original 1966 song by The Easybeats.
Caroline Records announced that a remastered CD version of the international version of Desperate album was released on 5 February 2008.
"Ring Me Up" was used in the film Sixteen Candles.
Christina Amphlett — vocals, writer
Mark McEntee — vocals, guitar, writer
Bjarne Ohlin — vocals, guitar, keyboards, writer
Richard Harvey — drums
Rick Grossman — bass

The Divinyls were an ok 80’s band. A couple of ,y favorites from them are off different albums. I always liked Christina Amphlett voice.

Back