Crimes of Passion (1980)

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Crimes of Passion
Artist: Pat Benatar
Genre: Hard Rock
Released: 1980

Tracks:
1 - Treat Me Right - 3:25
2 - You Better Run - 3:08
3 - Never Wanna Leave You - 3:10
4 - Hit Me With Your Best Shot - 2:50
5 - Hell Is for Children - 4:53
6 - Little Paradise - 3:30
7 - I'm Gonna Follow You - 4:29
8 - Wuthering Heights - 4:29
9 - Prisoner of Love - 3:08
10 - Out-A-Touch - 4:23

Overview:
Crimes of Passion is the second album by Pat Benatar, released in 1980.
It peaked at No. 2 for five weeks on the Billboard 200 and produced the hits "Hit Me with Your Best Shot" (US No. 9), "You Better Run" (US No. 42), "Treat Me Right" (US No. 18), plus a cover of Kate Bush's international hit, "Wuthering Heights". Crimes of Passion is Benatar's highest selling album to date, certifying 5x platinum (for sales of 5 million units)
Hell Is for Children, which was not released as an A-side single, was also a hit on album-rock stations. A live version of this song from her Live from Earth album was released as the B-side of her "Love Is a Battlefield" single three years later.
Benatar won her first Grammy Award for 'Crimes of Passion' in the "Best Female Rock Vocal Performance" of 1980.
The music video for the song "You Better Run" was the second music video ever aired on MTV in 1981.
This album featured Myron Grombacher on drums, replacing Glen Alexander Hamilton.

One of my all time female favorite vocalist is Pat Benatar and her album Crimes of Passion has two my favorite songs on it. Hell is For Children is and Treat Me Right. She was the queen of rock during the early 80s.

Back