Archie Bunker's Place (1979)

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

4.00 star(s)
4.00/5 1 Votes

Genre: Comedy

Director: Johnny Speight,Norman Lear

Cast: Carroll O'Connor,Danielle Brisebois,Allan Melvin,Anne Meara,Jason Wingreen,Barbara Meek,Denise Miller

First aired:

Last air date:

Show status: Ended

Overview: Archie Bunker's Place is an American sitcom originally broadcast on the CBS network, conceived in 1979 as a spin-off and continuation of All in the Family. While not as popular as its predecessor, the show maintained a large enough audience to last for four seasons, until its cancellation in 1983. In its first season, the show performed so well that it knocked Mork & Mindy out of its new Sunday night time slot.

Where to watch

Trailer Videos

• Jean Stapleton discusses getting cast on "All in the Family" - EMMYTVLEGENDS.ORG

• Behind the Scenes
    • Jean Stapleton discusses Edith's death on "Archie Bunker's Place" - EMMYTVLEGENDS.ORG

• Behind the Scenes
    • Rob Reiner on getting cast on "All in the Family" - EMMYTVLEGENDS.ORG

• Behind the Scenes
    • Rob Reiner on the creative process on "All in the Family" - EMMYTVLEGENDS.ORG

• Behind the Scenes
Show information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Technically Archie bunkers place first aired in 1979 but I think it’s safe to say that we could still call it an 80s TV show. I mean it was only the first season that was technically in the 70s and the rest in the 80s. Anyways, Archie Bunkers Place was a spinoff from All in the Family. It wasn’t as funny, but it was still pretty good.

Archie Bunker's Place
Archie Alone (1)
Season: 2
Episode: 1
Air date: 1980-11-02

Archie and Stephanie face life after Ediths death.

One of my favorite Archie Bunker episodes. The show wasn’t the same without Edith. Actually it wasn’t the same without Gloria and the meathead.
Here's the scene from that episode.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not as good as all in the family. I watched a couple of episodes but it didn’t feel the same.

If you wish to post an episode for this TV show, enter the Season and Episode numbers:
Back