80s toys

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

Pete

Mr. Eighties
Apr 29, 2023
One of my favorite toys during the 80s was my Castle Greyskull from He Man. I got it as a present for one Christmas and I simply loved it. This one day my a few of my cousins were over my house during summer recess. Anyway we were playing and goofing off and my yiayia (grandmother in Greek) kept asking me to put my Castle Greyskull away because I had left it dead center in the hallway. She kept telling me and I kept blowing her off. So at one point my see my older cousins laughing and looking towards the hallway. So I turn to look and there goes my yiayia jumping up and down on my Castle Greyskull breaking it to pieces. Oh man the fire in her eyes were intense. She was jumping and jumping and yelling. My cousins were cracking up and I was heart broken. Like a piece of me was gone when she destroyed my Castle Greyskull. Years later I laugh at the story especially when I’m with my cousins and we talk about it. Anyways that was my favorite 80s toy and if you buy it now it’s like 500 bucks!
IMG_0041.jpeg
IMG_0040.jpeg

Last edited:
One of my favorite toys during the 80s was my Castle Greyskull from He Man. I got it as a present for one Christmas and I simply loved it. This one day my a few of my cousins were over my house during summer recess. Anyways we were playing and goofing off and my yiayia (grandmother in Greek) kept asking me to put my Castle Greyskull away because I had left it dead center in the hallway. She kept telling me and I kept blowing her off. So at one point my see my older cousins laughing and looking towards the hallway. So I turn to look and there goes my yiayia jumping up and down on my Castle Greyskull breaking it to pieces. Oh man the fire in her eyes were intense. She was jumping and jumping and yelling. My cousins were cracking up and I was heart broken. Like a piece of me was gone when she destroyed my Castle Greyskull. Years later I laugh at the story especially when I’m with my cousins and we talk about it. Anyways that was my favorite 80s toy and if you buy it now it’s like 500 bucks!
View attachment 17
View attachment 18
Now that is one funny story. Castle Greyskull sells for 500 dollars on EBay. If your grandmother didn’t smash it you would’ve owned a valuable relic.

Who remembers the popular 80s toy Lite Brite? I never had one but I remember them Being advertised in commercials.

IMG_0112.jpeg

Since MagicMan brought up Star Wars figures here they are. I still have all my Star Wars figures.

1980s Star Wars figures.

IMG_0152.jpeg

The Fisher Price toy house and barn were two of my favorite toys growing up during the early 80s. I played with them all the time. It came with the little people and little farm animals too. Who else had these?

IMG_0224.jpegIMG_0223.jpegIMG_0222.jpeg

Back