80s Song Covers

Hey!

Welcome to We love the Eighties Community! We’re thrilled you’ve stopped by our ’80s paradise. 🌟 Here, we celebrate all things ’80s – from iconic music, movies, fashion, to the vibrant culture that defined a generation! Feel free to introduce yourself and start exploring the threads. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, memories, or even your latest ‘80s finds! We’re excited to have you join our vibrant community. Join us to connect with fellow enthusiasts, share your favorite memories, and dive into engaging discussions that bring the nostalgia of the ‘80s to life. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just curious about this dynamic era, you’ll find a home here.

fords8

80s Rookie
May 2, 2023
A lot of people are doing covers of our 80s hits. Are there any you really like or dislike?

A lot of people are doing covers of our 80s hits. Are there any you really like or dislike?

So far from the ones that I’ve heard I don’t like them. I’ve heard quite a few but they remake it with a modern sound which I don’t like. I’m a creature of habit and stubborn. I’m not big into any kind of remake.

So far from the ones that I’ve heard I don’t like them. I’ve heard quite a few but they remake it with a modern sound which I don’t like. I’m a creature of habit and stubborn. I’m not big into any kind of remake.
I am going to be on the lookout for some. I will post my findings and see what people like. I have a few on my YouTube list that I lisen too. Most have females up front and sound good. Have to look to see what they have done for 80s stuff.

A couple just came to mind that I didn’t like at all. One was Careless Whispers, and Let’s Dance from David Bowie. Didn’t care much about Careless to begin with but Let’s Dance is one of my ultimate favorite Bowie songs She murdered the song. I forgot who it was that did the cover.

I‘ll never understand why today’s artists would rather remake a song as opposed to making their own.

From My understanding music labels want a sure thing so remakes of songs that were popular if remade will make them money. Personally like you I don’t like remakes. I prefer something new and original but many like remakes too.

Back